Sunday, August 31, 2008

Idaho- Vacation of "Grandsitting"






















I love my grand children and any opportunity to spend with them. This past January, TJ and Adelia were able to go to Rome for the week..... and i got to spend a glorious week with my darlings... Alex and Jaden. Even though it snowed everyday and the sun only came out for about 45 minutes the whole time I was there.... it was the best time. We spent the week going to little gym, shopping, going the the little gym, shopping, going to the library, shopping, making cookies, shopping, watching movies, shopping, making valentines, shopping, exploring the few miles around TJ and Adelia's beautiful home, shopping, going for long walks in the snow, shopping and of course reading!!!
When it was time for me to go, Alex made my day by telling her parents that she want to go home with me. The first night home they convinced her to stay, because of course, they had just gotten home. The next day I was to leave for home and she says to Adelia, "Mom, I need my suitcase!" Adelia - "Alex, I just got home, don't you want to be with Daddy and ?" Alex - "Mom! I was with you last night!!" Needless to say, I got on the airplane all alone, and Jaden and Alex and I all cried. That's what happens when your children move your grandchildren away from you!!

7 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

Oh Mom I am so glad you finally posted! I'm so jealous of your trip to Idaho, I'm missing those kids like crazy! I can hardly wait until I get to meet little Paxton!

miss chaz. said...

Oh I LOVE all of your pictures!!! I can't wait to see those kiddos at Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!! They are beautiful children and I'm sure Paxton is just as handsome!

thanks for finally posting...you should do more of it!

Susan Jo Ollerton Fuller said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much Alex looks like Lacy, or the other way around. Looks like you had too much fun.

Sonia said...

Hi Kathy...my goodness all your grandbabies are getting so big. How are you doing? I haven't seen you in forever. I finally started a blog. Keep in touch...love always, sonia

Sarah said...

YOU are the grandmother I plan to be one day! (Love the photo with the flour? on the floor! Oops!)

suzanne said...

I was actually trying to find your link yesterday and I've changed computers and can't find it. I was going to ask Jayne for your email! Fun surprise to see you in my inbox. Great way to start the day. I couldn't believe you weren't there either. I would have loved to see you. How are you? What have you been up to? How are those grandbabies of yours? I have three scheduled to arrive = two in the next week or so and one in late May. That will bring my total to 9. Sounds like I'm bragging - you would be right. Here's my email - sjstewart5@gmail.com. Feel free to catch up there or on the blog (which I just can't ever think of anything to post). Loves..........z